Sunday, August 7, 2011

August 7 in San Antonio history..

1873
Troops are removed from the San Antonio Army Post.

1922
Permission to drive through downtown streets clad ownly in swimming suits, was refused a dozen belles bound for Lambert Beach and Brackenridge Park.

1959
Paid parking went into operation this week at the International Airport.  Prices are 10 cents for the first 30 minutes, 25 cents for three hours and up to $1 for 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment