Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 17 in San Antonio history...

1913
The tunnel through the "big hill" on the line of the Fredericksburg Railroad was completed and is 910 feet long.

1923
Tomorrow afternoon the first bale of the season will be sold at public auction in the office of the San Antonio Cotton Exchange in the basement of the City National Bank Building.

1963
Seventy-four San Antonio business firsms have pledged $2,575,500 toward a $6 million goal to stage the proposed HemisFair in 1968, announced Marshall T. Steves, chairman of the HemisFair underwriting committee.

No comments:

Post a Comment