Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8 in San Antonio history...

1914
County officals planned special ceremonies when the old Bexar County Courthouse was demolished to allow widening of Soledad Street between Houston and Commerce.

1942
San Antonio's first official test of special air-raid alarm equipment will be held Saturday, May 9, between 10 a.m. and noon, it is announced by Col. John N. Reynolds, local civilian defense coordinator.

1952
An 1899 city ordinance porviding a license fee of 25 cents for bootblacks and calling for the city to furnish them tin badges was repealed today by the City Council.

No comments:

Post a Comment