Sunday, April 3, 2011

April 3 in San Antonio history...

1855
The San Antonio Herald, a weekly newspaper, published their first issue. It ceased publication 30 Aug 1856.

1883
The San Antonio Evening Light is discontinued and the first issue of the San Antonio Light newspaper rolls off the printing press, under new management.

1934
A brake-testing campaign for San Antonio motorists was cancelled as the highway department ordered patrolmen to stand by to aid in a statewide search for Gunman Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker.

1974
The Happy Jazz Band and the Landing move from the Nix Building to the river level of the Stockman Restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment