Sunday, April 17, 2011

April 17 in San Antonio history...

1884
The corner stone of the additional infirmary at Santa Rosa Hospital is laid.

1957
Southwestern Bell requested permission from the city that they be allowed to raise the price of a pay-telephone call from five to ten cents. Ten cent rates were already in effect in Dallas, Ft. Worth, Houston, El Paso and most metropolitan centers in the U.S.

2007
The University of the Incarnate Word announces plans for a football team, San Antonio's third after St. Mary's and Trinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment