Sunday, March 13, 2011

March 13 in San Antonio history...

1878
The first telephone line in San Antonio installed, from the City Water Works to pump house at the River's head.

1882
The building of Alameda block is begun.

1939
Three hundred and fifty striking students at Edison High School returned to classes after a three-hour parade protesting defeat of a bond issue that would have provided their school with a gymnasium.

No comments:

Post a Comment