Sunday, February 20, 2011

February 20 in San Antonio history...

1938
The Lasso girls, the Jefferson High School girls cheering section, was formed this week in a drum and bugle corps.  The 37-piece group will hold their first meeting at the school, which will furnish instruments.

1942
Wooden hangars are in prospect for San Antonio's new airport, for which the name MacArthur Field has bee suggested, as the OPM has turned down a request for steel priorities.

1988
RiverCenter Mall holds its grand opening festivies.

No comments:

Post a Comment