Sunday, January 30, 2011

January 30 in San Antonio history...

1900
The patrons of the West End street car line rejoice.  Two new closed cars have just arrived and will be in operation soon.

1910
Starting Feb. 1, The Light and Gazette will begin publishing a daily 11 a.m. edition.  Complete Hearst morning telegraph service and special features will make it a high class paper.

1920
An appropriation of $150,000 was made by the city commission from the 1919 street widening bonds issue for purchase of property for extension of North Presa from Commerce to Houston.  A property owners' committee will supplement this sum by approximately $170,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment