Sunday, December 26, 2010

December 26 in San Antonio history...

1910
General passenger agent for the M.K. & T. Railroad, W. T. St. George, announced that beginning Jauuary 1, the railroad would substitute dining cars for the eating stations then in use.

1928
The Lockwood National Bank, having consolidated with the Frost National Bank under the name of the latter bank, notice is hereby given by the Lockwood National Bank, its officers and employees, that all our business is now being transacted at our new banking home in the Frost National Bank on Main Plaza, instead of our former location at 113 Broadway.
1950
San Antonio's record-breaking construction pace placed it among the leading cities in homebuilding in the United States, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. During the first nine months of the year, it was ranked 14th in the nation in number of new housing units built.

No comments:

Post a Comment