Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 8 in San Antonio history...

1914
County officials planned special ceremonies when the old Bexar County courthouse was demolished to allow widening of Soledad St. between Houston and Commerce.

1932
Mass meetings will be held by local Communists on May 16 at a N. Center St. address, and on May 17 on the West Side. The party proposed to bring about the dole system as a remedy for unemployment.

1952
An 1899 city ordinance providing a license fee of 25 cents for bootblacks and calling for the city to furnish them tin badges was repealed today by the City Council.

No comments:

Post a Comment